- About Us
- Contact Us
Lithium-ion battery lifespan will experience degradation during use, and the battery will become less and less durable. This is actually related to the cycle life and safety of the battery. Cycle life refers to the usable capacity of the battery. The undurable battery means that the storage capacity of the battery is decreasing. The reason is that the activated lithium ions in the battery are blocked and cannot be charged and discharged. The safety problem of lithium-ion batteries refers to the burning or explosion of the battery due to thermal runaway inside the battery, overcharge and over discharge of the battery, as well as the battery being squeezed and punctured, and short circuit occurs.
Defects in the coating of the lithium-ion battery or folded electrodes may cause risks and affect the lithium ion battery lifespan. Therefore, the protection of the battery must be in place. In addition to the activation of the protection mechanism by the battery protection board, the selection and manufacture of battery modules are also crucial. To improve the life of lithium-ion batteries, what are the methods?
How to improve the lithium ion battery lifespan?
1. The ratio of positive and negative materials for lithium-ion batteries should be reasonable. The active materials of the positive and negative electrodes are fixed on the substrate by the binder, and the long-term stability of the binder and the good mechanical properties of the battery can delay the decline of the battery life. Therefore, improving the chemical stability and thermal stability of the cathode material is one of the feasible methods to maintain the lithium ion battery lifespan.
2. Choose a suitable electrolyte. Because the electrolyte contains active hydrogen substances and metal ion impurities such as iron, sodium, aluminum, and nickel, and the impurity electrolyte directly affects the cycle times of the battery, the electrolyte has an important impact on the lithium ion battery lifespan. Choosing the right electrolyte can also improve the life of lithium-ion batteries.
3. Set reasonable conditions and scope of use. In the use of lithium-ion batteries, it is necessary to strictly limit the use conditions of the battery, such as charge and discharge rate, operating temperature range, storage temperature range, charge and discharge cut-off voltage to prevent the battery from exceeding the use limit.
4. Start with the battery’s rate and performance. Reduce battery overcharging and discharging, avoid using it under high temperature, etc. This can locally improve the life of lithium-ion batteries.
5. Strengthen the safety protection of lithium-ion batteries. Set battery safety valve, adopt thermal shutdown diaphragm, load special protection circuit, enable special battery management system, etc., to strengthen the safety of battery use and improve the life of lithium-ion battery.
6. Dongguan Power Long Battery Technology CO., Ltd. provides you with high-quality, long-life (more than 10 years), safe and reliable lithium-ion batteries and battery system solutions.